Friday, October 31, 2008

May the Force Be With You.

Halloween this year rolled out with a Star Wars theme. Star Wars has been a huge hit here for the past 6 months at least even though the boys had never even seen any of it until about 2 weeks ago. I had to kiss sweet costumes goodbye and just bite my tounge as they picked out their own get ups. I must say though, Rhett as Yoda totally cracked me up. Especially when he put the "force" on you as he is doing in this photo. We briefly did our church's fall festival and then came back to the neighborhood to trick or treat door to door. I had proposed three rules to be followed 1) Take only one piece of candy 2) Say thank you 3) Don't run three miles ahead of me because I cannot tell you apart from all the other Storm Troopers and Boba Fett's. None of the rules were followed. Excitement trumped them. Bottom line: No one was lost. No one was injured. Everyone came back with loot.I will admit that at least part of the time the "one piece" rule was working. We probably had half of the candy this year that we did last year. Good for me. Less that I have to sneak and throw away.Aunt Tracie came up to share in the festivites. I think she had a good time just watching Rhett run around in his cuteness. She had him screaming Trick or Treat at the top of his lungs from the sidewalk before he even got to the front door of houses. He could hardly contain himself. She also let him have his birthday present before his party. Big hit.

We were happy to have her here along with her furry friends. She was even a sport and dressed up like a Kentucky cheerleader.....much to Bobby's chagrin. He should know by now that Baker blood runs blue!

Hope everyone had a great Halloween!










2 comments:

Kelly Swindell and Tol Swindell said...

Looks like fun! We had fun too because this was the first year that Little Tol understood the idea of free candy. He was running and screaming like a mad man. Look like I will be the one eating most of his loot....the perks of being a mom :)

Mommy said...

They make me laugh. Glad you accomplished the themed Halloween this year. I failed miserably with Batman and Cinderlla. Hmmm...wonder if we'll have a Princess Leia and a Snow White next year?