Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Thanks, Crayola!

Who knew that a fake English accent and a little paint could equal happy times for the whole family? Since I've been on the mend and we haven't been able to do our usual running around and staying busy, I decided to try out a little crafin' at the Morgan Casa. It met with rave reviews. I pulled out my best SuperNanny-ish accent and proceeded to welcome everyone to my painting session. Bobby was the only one that I couldn't convince to take part in the fun. I guess he could see right through my accent. He must've known it was fake.
Cade, who is definately NOT my artsy child, even enjoyed himself. He is a self- proclaimed "art hater" and even informed me last year that school should be cancelled on Thursdays. When I inquired as to why, he stated "because that is the day I have art class". No poutin' on Painting with Mommy day though! After about 15 minutes ( I can't believe it even lasted that long) he did ask me what was up with the funny voice. I decided to lose the accent for a bit after that. Apparently it frightened the children. Grant was painting a masterpiece for sure. He refused to smile for Bobby but did actually make eye contact with the camera once.

Little Buddy was lovin' him some painting. His sunday school teacher has told me as much but I have just now begun to listen to her words of wisdom. I was so impressed that he actually painted on the paper and not his face........or Grant's. He has been known to do squirrly things like that.
I was impressed with my little crafting endeavor and loved the hour of non-sword fighting or gun battling that it left me with. Bobby said we could tell everyone that elephants painted all of these prints and make a lot of money off of them. I guess the elephant story wouldn't fly. However, I COULD say that a bunch of monkeys did the painting..........that wouldn't exactly be an un-truth........

3 comments:

Kelly Swindell and Tol Swindell said...

(In fake HEAVY English accent..) I absolutely loved this blog entry. I am so happy the boys didn't think painting was bloody dreadfull. Maybe I will try the same. Cheerio!

Becky said...

Hey I would buy a painting that a monkey did! I'm impressed that there's crafts going on in the Morgan household. Looks like fun!

Our Family said...

Rhett is also a HUGE fan of glueing so if Mom is in need of another craft night she should try it as well! He is a very crafty little guy!
love from one of his sunday school teachers