"The Cades" had their first showing on the flag football field. I have always said that I would never let my child play football due to a tragedy I experienced as a new nurse in the PICU. It has been forever burned in my memory. However, let it be known that this is FLAG football, not full pads tackle and the only piece of protective gear required is this goofy mouthpiece.
Their coach did a great job. He even had a play book which cracked me up. I know Cade is standing here thinking......"Huh?? I can't even read!"
He must have understood a little at least because he did throw for two touchdowns as the quarterback.........
catch the ball three times.........
and run for three touchdowns.
And boy was he excited! He was pretty low key in celebration. He probably won't have to eat as much humble pie as his little bro.
Rhett wasn't in to too much trouble this weekend. He spent most of his time playing with "black doggie" and making friends with him by feeding him his Subway sandwhich. 
He also made hats out of the football field cones.
Here's to many a sunburn and good times to be had at the sports field.
1 comment:
The Morgan Boys are quite the athletes...must be in the genes. Good luck with that humility stuff. It's going to take a while for that to happen here. As for me and the sports thing...I'm still praying for INDOOR sports. There are no sunburns inside a gym. :-)
Post a Comment