Friday, July 4, 2008

It's That Time Again!

Bobby has two times a year that he is allowed to purchase and shoot fireworks and this makes him SO happy. Each year he sets up his arsenal table and teaches the children the basic points of being a pyromaniac. Hopefully this won't lead to future jailing due to arsonist activity or worse, ER visits due to lack of judgement.
We had the usual watching of the little roadside fireworks consisting of really loud weird things and little exploding tanks and cars as well as my personal favorite (and the kid's), the little pop-out parachute. They had so much fun running and chasing to see who would get to catch the parachute.I managed to snap one picture of Cade with his sparkler and I am always proud when I get such a natural, unforced smile from this child. I usually say, "Cade, just a normal kid smile. Normal kid." but just didn't have the desire this time to remind him. Sigh. It is what it is.
Rhett had the most fun eating his homemade ice cream. He didn't want any to go to waste. Not even the little bit that managed to escape up into his nostril. Somehow Grant managed to dodge all of my attempts at photographing him this year. He was there though. Somewhere.

Thanks friends for joining us to celebrate the Fourth! It was a good time! And, by the way, I'm sure Jon is going to be upset that his little pic didn't make it on the blog but, unfortunately, Bobby was laughing so hard that he blurred the picture. Nice try, Jon. Maybe next year!

1 comment:

Mommy said...

Sorry Grant. Your Dad just spent your college fund on fireworks. You'll just have settle for being the ice cream man. :-)