Friday, July 18, 2008

Did I Hear "Canonball"???

I was trying to get all packed for our vacation. The children were driving me CRAZY. We were going to go to the pool to swim off some energy but it was "Closed due to contaimination" for the third day in a row. So, after cleaning up all the 25 dollar i.d bare mineral powder make-up off the floor in my bathroom (and from the face of my precious 2 year old) and just after picking up peanuts that were ground into the carpet, and after running downstairs to the screams of "he's got cuts all over him!! They're all over him!!!" only to find, yes, you guessed it, Rhett, with red permanant marker on his cheeks, nose, palms and belly, I sent the lovelies outside to play. Actually, I demanded that they go before something happened that we would all regret later. I slid up my breakfast nook window so I'd be able to hear the happenings outside while I was cleaning the kitchen. That's when I heard "CANONBALL!!" I looked out to find this: My camera was actually sitting right there because I was packing it up and I took these shots through the screen so as not to undermine my forthcoming discipline. They had filled the sandbox full of water and it was a complete mess. So, you know, I was so sick of threats and spankings and loss of privileges. Therefore, I put on my mad face, marched right out there, grabbed the hose, and completely doused each one of them. I sprayed them until they looked like they had been dunked into the deep end of the pool with their clothes on. I even sprayed them in their faces as they fell to the ground trying to get away. Yeah. I guessed they learned a lesson that time, huh?
I'm sure the neighbors love my sometimes irrational behavior. But, keepin' it real, sometimes having three boys can move you to do sometimes immature and irrational things.

(Just for the record: this punishment was in no way effective. Do not try it at home. While I was completely wild-eyed and crazed, the children were laughing and loving it. Oh, well.)

5 comments:

Ashley said...

I so want to say...
"You are terrorizing your children, I think it is inappropriate for you to punish them that way..."
but I think that was covered yesterday on my turf.

I'd act the same way... however from this side of the computer screen that is TOO FUNNY!!! I love that it takes all three... Cade to hold the flowing water, Grant to coach the jumper and Rhett the always willing participant!

Big Nanny said...

Be careful. You might have tree huggin', non spanking/hosing neighbors and not know it. I wish you had this on video. I would put it on my blog and name it...Big Nanny's appropriate ways to discipline your children.

Rachel Spence said...

This is hilarious! Sounds like a day at my house. Gotta love it when the "mad face" just makes them laugh. {frustration}

Kelly Swindell and Tol Swindell said...

Oh how I wish I could have witnessed that! HAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!

Amanda said...

OMG that is Hilarious!!! I have a little boy, and two girls. But my oldest daughter is a total tomboy! She does the same thing with the hose....and I've done the same thing you have!!!! IT makes a hard day easier, when you've got giggles, and you're having fun too!

Just came across you blog! What a nice read!