Today I will share some lessons the first day of April taught me. These are not lessons I asked to be taught nor do I ever wish to have to take a refresher course in them.
1: Pencil DOES eventually come off of a wall with soap, water, and elbow grease.
2: I do not have time to clean 5 walls consecutively.
3: Crayon does NOT come off the walls as eaisily but google has a lot of suggestions on remedying this problem should it happen to you.
4: I do not have the energy to attempt to remove crayon from rubbermaid containers.
5: Children forget lessons they have learned in the early afternoon by late afternoon.
6: Crayon comes out of upholstery fabric with a brown paper bag, iron, and Resolve carpet cleaner.
7: Hairspray makes a nice shiny stain on walls that does NOT clean up with soap, water, and elbow grease. Even if the grease is from delinquent child.
8: Sharpie comes off of hardwood with rubbing alcohol. Thank you again to my good friend Google. (This lesson was actually learned in late March but whose checking?)
9: When children are quiet, it's not always a good thing.
10: Anger trumps all desire to photograph.
Here's to lessons learned and to being the mother of 3 children who deserve some jail time. Some more that others..........but jail time nonetheless.
5 comments:
You need a spa day! Can I come too?
~Heather
P.S. Mr. Clean Magic Eraser (it has saved my religion many a day)
OOOOOOO... seems like April Fools had some mommy fooling up his sleeve all around.
Such a hard lesson to learn friend. Quiet is no good!
That is very funny...sorry
-Shawn
Amen to the Mr. Clean magic eraser. Sorry for my good laugh at your expense.
Pamela
Post a Comment