Friday, March 21, 2008

Resurrection Trail

Today my mom and I took the boys to Christ Community's Resurrection Trail. It was a great hands-on experience in what the Bible says about the days leading up to Jesus' crucifixtion and resurrection. There were tweleve stations and all were listening good in the beginning.... Rhett was actually listening so well that I was completely shocked. He added in a few comments ("What he gon do now?") among other things. Grant? That's a whole 'nother story.

Rhett even participated in the foot washing when they were telling the story of how Jesus washed the disciple's feet. He sat so quietly and stuck his little piggy's out there. I know they had to be freezing because it wasn't exactly a balmy kind of day. All three liked the hammering part when the people were talking about the cross Jesus carried.
It was a great experience for the boys. Grant didn't appreciate it this year. When we got to the end and we are looking at the "empty tomb" they had set up and the nice man is telling the greatest part of the story where Christ has risen and we all can have the free gift of salvation all Grant can think to say is, "When are we going to get our peanuts and water??" No, readers. I didn't forget to fill you in on anything. I guess Grant blacked out and thought we were at Logan's.........

2 comments:

Mommy said...

I am laughing hysterically and nearly spit my OJ. J is asking me "what's sooooo funny Mommy?". That Grant is a riot...peanuts and water? Never mind the greatest gift anyone could ever give him...bring on the SNACKS people!

M

Kelly Swindell and Tol Swindell said...

What a cool way to tell kids the true reason for Easter. I need to take Tol there next year. I love the last part of the blog. SOOOOOOO FUNNY!