Cade's glasses have returned from a 2 week hiatus. I'm unsure of why they chose to run off like they did. I thought they were perfectly happy helping him to see each day. From the way he explained it, they practically jumped off his face and took off which was no fault of his own. The way I understood it (using my mother ears) was that he was tired of them and laid them down in a very unreasonable place.......the hallway. Was there not a better alternative? Say, the desk, or the counter, your backpack? Here's a new one---your face??? Luckily, a nice teacher from Cade's school noticed the dirt laden glasses frolicking in the grassy knoll by the teacher's parking lot and was ever so gracious to return them to us, undamaged if you can believe it.

This is his rendition of my reaction. But give me some credit. Here is just a little background. Cade was introduced to glasses in February of 2007. The pair you see in his hand is his 5th pair and it's only February 2008. That is one pair of glasses every 2.4 months for those of you trying to do the math. Now, insurance does pay.........for the first pair. And the nice place we bought them from does a half price deal for the second, even the third pair. But by the fourth pair they looked at me with disdain and I'm sure proceeded to gossip about me when I walked out of the store.

I'm now taking a close up shot of the glasses so that, in the future, I will be able to make "Wanted" posters when they decide to go AWOL on me.
1 comment:
That's funny, because Isaac's brand new glasses that our new eye care insurance just paid for a month ago have been missing for about the same time frame and were indeed found today! Maybe both glasses were actually having a cousin glasses party somewhere and decided they missed us:) We found them because the back-up glasses got SMASHED with the basketball on purpose. This was told to me by Isaac, but of course he said Cooper told him to do it. Cooper denies this. No one will ever know the real story.
So we found them because be were looking on top of the china cabinet for the old back-up back-up pair. You can imagine my surprise when I lifted them up and realized they were the brand new pair..sitting there all along! I looked up there for them weeks ago and saw the tops of them and thought they were the back-up, back-ups. Maybe someone should make up a cartoon about the parties all the missing glasses have. Or maybe there should be a super hero that FINDS MISSING GLASSES. Maybe one day they will put a GPS tracking device in them.
Post a Comment