Tuesday, January 22, 2008

Beds Are Overrated...........

Last night as I prepared to get into the bed, I noticed a glow coming from Rhett's room. I went upstairs to check it out and this is what I found. After checking for a pulse, I ran to get my camera. I know a blog-worthy moment when I see one! This cracks me up because we just moved him to a "big boy" bed about a month ago and just about every night he points his finger at me and says in a whisper "Don't wet me get out my bed." As if reminding himself of what I tell him just before I leave him for the night. He must have forgotten our little talks last night.

He obviously spent a lot of time removing each item from his bed and strategically placing them around himself for the perfect palate. And, alas, leaving an empty bed. Who needs a bed anyway? Isn't it so much more fun to let your creative juices flow and create your own sleeping environment?
My parenting experiences have led me to believe that someone should create cages for big boy beds. It would cut out a lot of escapee drama.....................

1 comment:

Kelly Swindell and Tol Swindell said...

That is hilarious! We have had Little Tol in a "big boy bed" now too for about a month. He loves it but I sometimes find him asleep on the floor with his dog blanket and all of his toys, (tractors, blocks, books, etc....)piled in his bed. I don't know if he tries to fit everything in his bed and then runs out of room for himself or what. So funny!