Monday, December 31, 2007

Adios, 2007!

What a great year it has been. I am amazed that another year has come and gone so quickly and I am looking forward to all of the things that are to come in 2008. I don't usually make any resolutions (that I actually keep anyway) but I did come up with just a couple this year. First, I am challenging myself to read the Bible all the way through this year. Our church put the challenge out there and I thought I would really like to try it. My second is to try REALLY hard to be more in tune with our finances. Bobby does it all (that IS is profession, you know) and I never even think about it. So, I'm not saying I want to take it over this year, only that I want to be more aware. This time next year I'll probably still be a financial moron, only on a lesser scale......yeah, a lesser scale moron. That's my goal. Thirdly, I am going to stop eating sweets, white bread, refined carbohydrates and any type of boxed cracker or cereal.................... Wait, I just decided to nix that one and just keep the first two. There is no use in just setting myself up for failure. Besides, that's basically my entire diet so I would then have to be on some type of feeding tube and that's just not that fashionable. You never see anyone in InStyle magazine wearing one of those. So, with my resolutions posted on a public forum, I am now looking forward to 2008 and all the things God has in store for us this year. I will be praying Proverbs 25:25 this year and waiting to hear my "good news from a distant land" !!

1 comment:

Shawn said...

I join you, my friend, in a quest to read the Bible through. I'm so glad you dropped that whole carb thing...I definitely could not have hung with you on that one!