This year was a very fun year for the boys. Our church usually has a fall festival, but this year decided to have block parties instead. They were very sad about not having the party at church but in the end it all worked out good. We went to Columbia to do Trunk-or-Treat at Gramma and Granpa's church and then headed back to the house. Cade was so concerned about how you "just trick-or-treat at your own house". We just walked house to house and he could NOT believe that people actually gave him candy. He came running back to me after the first house saying, "SHE DID!! SHE REALLY DID!! she gave me candy!!" What a new concept for him.
What was even funnier was when I was putting him to bed I asked him what his favorite part was and he said," When we went to that lady's house and she gave me a hotdog and I ate it in her driveway. That was neat." ( He was referring to the lady that hosted our neighborhood block party.) I thought, "Wow. Who knew it took so little to impress him?" Cade really enjoyed being a pirate and he loved his speckled beard.
Grant was a fierce Army Man. I could not convince him that the weapon below would not be the weapon of choice for a REAL army man. I finally gave up the argument and he carried it the rest of the evening insisting that the army man LEADER carries a sword. Apparently he knows more than me on that subject.............I choose my battles wisely.

Rhett was a knight. He loved trick or treating this year because last year he was too little to understand. He racked up on some candy and ate more than I even care to know about. I'm sure that the few teeth he actually has have been scarred in some way by his intake.

This picture pretty much sums up his attitude the whole night. He was "HHEEEE YAAHHHH"ing everything and swinging that sword around like nobody's business. He was the meanest, most verbally berating knight I have ever seen (or heard for that matter).
We had big fun this year. Now I'm off to secretly throw away some of the candy we have so I don't send my children spiraling into the abyss of childhood obesity.........................
What was even funnier was when I was putting him to bed I asked him what his favorite part was and he said," When we went to that lady's house and she gave me a hotdog and I ate it in her driveway. That was neat." ( He was referring to the lady that hosted our neighborhood block party.) I thought, "Wow. Who knew it took so little to impress him?" Cade really enjoyed being a pirate and he loved his speckled beard.
Grant was a fierce Army Man. I could not convince him that the weapon below would not be the weapon of choice for a REAL army man. I finally gave up the argument and he carried it the rest of the evening insisting that the army man LEADER carries a sword. Apparently he knows more than me on that subject.............I choose my battles wisely.
Rhett was a knight. He loved trick or treating this year because last year he was too little to understand. He racked up on some candy and ate more than I even care to know about. I'm sure that the few teeth he actually has have been scarred in some way by his intake.
This picture pretty much sums up his attitude the whole night. He was "HHEEEE YAAHHHH"ing everything and swinging that sword around like nobody's business. He was the meanest, most verbally berating knight I have ever seen (or heard for that matter).
We had big fun this year. Now I'm off to secretly throw away some of the candy we have so I don't send my children spiraling into the abyss of childhood obesity.........................
3 comments:
Hehe. We were throwing webs at everyone so I think our kids have taken the authenticity to a new level (except for the sword of course). Cute pics.
Love the costumes! They all look great! We had fun trick-or-treating this year too!
I love that the "army-man leader" carries a sword into battle!
Post a Comment