Monday, July 16, 2007

Take me out to the ballgame...........

Bobby and I were very lucky to get to have a little getaway to Chicago this past weekend. This will be our third year in a row to go but our first visit to Wrigley Field. It was a good time. We had a bit of trouble getting tickets but after passing up many shady deals outside of the field, we ended up getting some from a ticket broker after the game started. There really weren't any bad seats. I was so surprised at how small the stadium was. I could've spit on a player (not that I would) from almost any seat.
I was most impressed with the scoreboard because there was really someone inside putting up the numbers!
You can see the crowd was sold out. There are people sitting on top of buildings outside of the field to watch the game. Basically all the people that are high up in the picture are not even in the stadium. We had a great time. Our friends, Brad and Ashley, went this year also. We stayed at the Park Hyatt right off of Michigan Ave so I DID get my shoppin' groove on. It was a bit chilly at times and the wind was pretty fierce but nothing to complain about. I hope we get to go again next year. I'm going to have to start building up my shopping pot again next month so I'll be prepared!

No comments: