Tuesday, July 17, 2007

Critter Catch

Grant officially caught his first critter today. A baby toad, frog whatever was bouncing in our yard when Grant snatched him. Cade was all into it too but he wasn't about to actually touch it. He was in the background saying, "YOU get him, Grant! DO IT!!" Just a glimpse into the life of peer pressure Grant will face from his brother.
Grant was so very proud that he really picked him up. He tugged at his legs a little and then......
I thought for sure the frog was going into his mouth. He really did open wide right after this picture. I don't EVEN know what was going through his mind.( It could be contributed to the hours spent watching "Man vs. Wild" with his father.....). I screamed his name and brought him back to reality. Geeezz. After the frog started to become lethargic and unresponsive I decided it was time to release him back to find his mother, whom I'm sure had been calling for him for the last thirty minutes. She probably warned him of this very thing just before he hopped off........................