Saturday, May 5, 2007

" This was the funnest day ever!"

A quote from Cade once we got home. Thanks to Nana for reminding us that the little trains were going to be at the Maury County Park this weekend. I took the boys there on Friday thinking that the crowd would be lighter. I was sadly mistaken. We pulled in to the parking lot alongside about 7 or so school buses full of elementary kids taking a field trip. Luckily we found things to keep ourselves entertained and not sad about waiting in long lines. Cade got himself a cotton candy to eat during the wait. I mouthed to the man, "Make this a SMALL one" and pointed to Cade without him knowing. If this was his idea of small I would hate to see the big one.........
This is the little train we got to ride on. Just before it took off it blew off some steam.

Rhett got to sit on the floor of the car so he didn't fall out. I sat behind him. Cade was the first person behind the engineer. He thought that was pretty cool.

Grant and mom (thanks to mom for being a sport and helping me round everyone up!) made the caboose.
The boys couldn't decide what was better. Getting to ride the trains or seeing an army helicopter make it's landing. We were just walking around killing time and this copter was circling. Mom noticed that it had landed and we took off running to see it closer.

The very nice pilot let the boys get in and look around. Grant wore him out with questions. Cade was too star struck to speak. Rhett wouldn't even let me put him in there. Scaredy cat.....
This is the boys waiting to get in line for the trains.

They had a "zookeeper" walking around trying to find his lost rhino. I saw the rhino hiding behind a tree. It looked about as crazy as this zookeeper. He was joking with Grant and pretended to put his net over his head.
That was when Rhett decided he could no longer pretend that he wasn't totally freaked out. He bawled his eyes out and made the zookeeper run away.
The boys had a great time and we left the park just before it started to rain. Next year I will try not to schedule a fun day at the park on the same day that most of Tennessee's schools are fieldtripping though!

3 comments:

Ashley said...

Too cute! Sign me up next time you go!

Kelly Swindell and Tol Swindell said...

That looks like a blast and I can't wait to take Little Tol. About the wakeboarding, it is a lot of fun. Tol is allergic to horses so this is probably going to be our family sport. I will still go ride horses when I can, but I would rather be doing something with my boys! I hope you and Bobby will come up sometime!

Mommy said...

Looks like you had a great time. J. would be in 4 yo HEAVEN on that train. Let me know next time it comes and maybe we'll make a road trip.