One stop we wanted to make while we were in Haiti was back at the WellBeing orphanage that we went to the year before. We actually got lost on the way there because it's really in the middle of nowhere and somehow our driver got someone on the phone who knew this boy at the orphanage and he met us on his bike to show us the way. I immediately remembered him, Jameson.
This little girl had grown quite a bit since we were there last. We were sad to see that the orphanage was in even more dire straights than the last visit. The block structure that they were all sleeping in had been torn down. I don't even know the how or why that happened but it's a sad situation.
We came bearing some crafts and stuff to do. And candy, we brought lots of that because they go crazy over candy.
We had fun loving on familiar faces and just hanging out with the kids.
A couple of the older girls got such a kick out of our iphones. They were taking each other's pictures and then videoing themselves singing. They would crack up laughing watching the playback.
And, as on every mission trip I've been on, we see that any sort of clap game surpasses all language barriers:)
I wish I could say that it was good to visit our friends at WellBeing....and, I mean, it was....but it's so sad to see their living situation and have no idea how to improve it. God knows.
No comments:
Post a Comment