This weekend we celebrated seven years of funny living with Rhett! He brings so much joy to my days (the ones that he doesn't argue with me on because those days he makes me pull my hair out! Attorney in the making :) ) He requested a slumber party birthday this year so I told him his invite list would be quite short: 3.
I had no doubt who the crew would be that invaded the Morgan home. He's kept the same bffs for years now....and I love every.single.one of them.
Along with "slumber party" the other request was "Grandma's chocolate cake.....with a rocket on top". Rocket? Where was I suppose to find a cake topper rocket? Leave it to mom to come through. Chocolate cake with rocket: check.
I would say that Rhett was in "rare form" for his party if that were true. The fact of the matter is that "rare form" is pretty normal for his everyday living. There was the "it's ma birrrrthdayyyy! It's ma birrrrthdayyy!" singing to himself....
And plenty of goofy faces :)
The candle blowing went off without a hitch. No trick candles or anything this year.
Cake was served and there was lots of "mmmm"ing going on. Rhett made the comment, "Hey Guys....isn't this the best chocolate cake you've ever put in your mouth?!" and everyone agreed:) Along with cake, there was goofiness:
tons of smiles....
and more cake :)
Presents were a hit as usual.....gift card, battleship, and baseball cards and lego men.
Fun times! The night ended with 4 boys sleeping in Rhett's room, all tucked in sleeping bags and cozy.
On Rhett's actual birthday day we headed out to dinner at Moe's and to Sweet CeCe's with grandparents and cousins. Rhett opted for a money birthday present so I tricked him with a tissue box of money.
A bunch of small bills taped together and rolled up inside the box makes for a really surprised 7 year old!
Nothin' like high rollin' when you're just a kid:)
Happy Birthday, Rhetters. I pray God grants me many, many more years of laughter on your account. I love you to pieces!












1 comment:
That last pic is priceless!! Happy birthday to little buddy!!
Post a Comment