Friday, May 25, 2012

10th Birthday PartyPalooza!

Ten years. TEN. I can't believe my firstborn has hit double digits. I think I surely must have just been 13......14 at most when I became his mother :) It's true that years pass by in the blink of an eye. 
Cade requested an all day partypalooza again this year and Bobby and I were happy to oblige. He has a great group of friends and other than the expected rowdiness of boys being boys, having them here all day is no big deal. We started off with a water balloon fight like last year, only with about quadruple the amount of balloons. That being said, Bobby's hour and a half fill up session allowed this match to continue for all of 7 minutes. Team one:

 vs. Team two.

There was quite a bit of trash talk

but TONS of laughing, too.

After some fun outside the boys ate lunch and were ready for some sweetness. Cade's one request was a chocolate cake made by his Grandma. Thankfully, she agreed and whipped one up just before she went out of town. Nothing beats her homemade chocolate cake! 


We had a weak rendering of the birthday song (my singing voice unfit for public ears mixed in with a group of pre-pubescent boys is, well, somethin' else).


There were plenty of snacks to go around. If you're going to invite 7 boys over you'd better be prepared. Good thing I had some buffalo flavored popcorn. It was a hit! 


After lunch there was the ceremonial opening of the presents. Cade racked in the cash and gift cards this year along with some water grenades, a football, a lego set, pool toys, and a hershey bar. Good amount of loot! 


A little R&R was in store so we stuck them all in the movie room and let them watch Hugo. They all seemed to like it and Bobby and I were appreciative of the 2 hours of quiet that accompanied the show! 

We loaded up in the cars to head to Jonathan's Grille for dinner. Bobby's car was rockin' out to the latest pop tunes on XM, hands all waving around acting crazy,  while my car was well behaved and calmly sang along with the Christian hits on WayFM. I guess that's the difference riding in dad's cool black car or mom's family-mobile.  Dinner was pretty uneventful with the exception of boys all elbowing each other when our early twenty-something hostess turned around and had a diamond shaped cutout in the back of her dress. Dear me. Are we already noticing things like that???? Lord help us. 


Of course when we got home it was time for Mr. Bobby to pull of some fireworks out of his bag-o-tricks. 

We did some sparklers and no one's hair caught on fire so I believe that qualifies as a win. 

 Then they went around and blew up a bunch of crawdad holes. There were multiple families in the crawdad community that thought for certain crawdad apocalypse was in full force. What's a party if you don't get to blow up something? (I'd say that's Bobby's motto.)

The party rounded out with a game of wiffle ball well into the darkness. I think Cade and his buds had a great time. I'm so thankful for the boys that Cade has in his life right now. I couldn't ask for a better crew for him to spend the day with. Here's to life-long memories and double digits. Happy Birthday, Cade! 


No comments: