Bobby and I had a spectacular party planned for December but much to my chagrin, life had other plans for us on party night. Instead of gazing into each other's eyes under the disco ball, we were tag teaming vomit clean-up as our four children simultaneously came down with a stomach virus. It was a total barforama and I spent the entire weekend covered in a haze of lysol spray.
So, reschedule to January. And here we are, Prom Party, Take Two! Everyone chose a decade and ran with it. Bobby and I were, errr, 50's??
Wes and Samantha
Who says airbrush isn't in style?
Mike and Kelly.....ummmm, super creepy stalker.
Rednecks Leslie and Marty
These two take the cake: Joe Dirt and his Stepford wife
Oh my goodness. Being quick with the camera pays off sometimes. In this case, Jason put the squeeze (and an awful face) on A'lyce and the image turned out to be priceless!! I'm still able to laugh out loud when I look at it!
And the more mature pose:
I give Amanda and Jesse the cute award. She was total prom queen and he was, well, a little on the dorky side. My favorite was his white socks :)
Brent and his fo' real 'stache. If he ever decided to keep that thing I'd seriously reconsider letting him hold Elaina.
Brad and Ashley: Ash could actually make it to a modern day prom in that dress. I didn't think it was too bad. Brad, on the other hand, would've fit right in at the Shadybrook Cinemas.
I love getting together with friends and I especially love all the laughter that comes when we're all dressed in our best.
After a soup, salad, and sandwich dinner we headed downstairs to cut a rug. And, yes, there was totally a disco ball. I mean, it canNOT be prom without a disco ball!!
In the next room there was Wii Dance Party and stiff competiton. 
If Ash could photoshop that mustache this would be a super precious picture :)
Prom's also not complete without a little slow dancing. I totally went back to the day that Bobby swayed me on the Central High School gym floor and sang me John Michael Montgomery's "I Swear". I was a little more wooed then than I was now. Almost 18 years later I'd say we just need to let John Michael sing his own song..... but it was super sweet the first time at real prom :)
Brad and Ashley did a little slow dancing, too.
It wasn't just the girls that got their boogie on. The guys were in heated competition as well!
About 9:30 things got crazy 'round these parts.
I'm one hundred percent convinced that my dress was on Dancing With the Stars. It had the little finger hookies on it and man, did it twirl! Look at it go!
Not to mention it had total Madonna cones in it.
Quick pic of some gals after Samantha did her own Project Runway re-do design of her sequined gown. An American Flag tank always works with a fitted sequined mermaid skirt.
Another snapshot:
I thought I'd have a little photo of a couple gals and myself. It was unbeknownst to me that someone was disgustingly stealing my photo thunder. There's ALWAYS one of those pictures that you find only AFTER the pics are downloaded. Praise the Lord I didn't turn around and see what was beside my face. Some things are better left to find out later.
So much baby blue.
Have you ever seen a man in a mullet and a white tux with tails Tebowing? Now you have.
Prom wouldn't be Prom without a King and a Queen. After a very high tech voting system of red solo cups and ripped paper, the final count tallied Joe Dirt as King and Little Bo Peep as the Queen.
Both were more than deserving.
A'lyce thought she'd be all cute and wear Jason's little bow tie around her neck towards the end of the night. It was all well and good until she found out it was Bobby's. Can you say awwwwkwarrrd :)
A little pic:
Here's the final shot of all the gals.
It wouldn't be right not to have one more look at Kelly's totally ginormous dress.
And, a final of all the guys:
Prom 2012 will go down as quite memorable. I always have a great time spending time with my crew. I can't wait until the next one!
No comments:
Post a Comment