Saturday, October 22, 2011

A Beebee

I made a discovery in the past week or so. It all started when I decided to take an impromptu stroll down the doll aisle in Target. Had I known the fit that would ensue I definitely would have stuck to the paper towel aisle or something. After signing "please" incessantly and pointing like mad at the babies, Elaina threw a tee-total hissy fit when I did not put a baby doll in the cart. She cried all through Target, all through check-out and then halfway home. Here's a cute pic of her not crying:

I thought she had forgotten about the babies. I thought wrong. The next night we were at the ball park and a little girl wheeled her babydoll in it's nice little stroller right by Elaina. Before I knew it Lanie had snatched that baby right out of that stroller (she was like a panther!) and tucked it under her tiny arm. Then she screamed and kicked and kicked and screamed right there on the concrete when I took it to give it back to it's owner. She was m.a.d. I was embarrassed :) My discovery? I've not been nurturing her innate mothering needs as I should have. Who knew? The boys never wanted to mother anything! So, meet Carol:

I took Elaina back to Target the very next day and told her she could pick out a baby. I tried really, really hard to get her to pick a brown one. She shook her head "no" and pushed it away every time. She knew what she wanted and it was white baby Carol. I threw in a stroller and knew I was good as gold. We got home and she went to town!
She pushed Baby in that thing up and down the driveway for 30 minutes. Then she brought her inside and pushed her. She kissed her, slept with her, and held her on her shoulder and patted her.
It was a rough go of it for a few days. Now that beebee Carol is here, all is right with the world!
We can all sleep soundly tonight:)

3 comments:

Tonya Lee said...

Did it come with that name or did you choose it? That is SO precious!

Kelly Swindell and Tol Swindell said...

That is so sweet! Just goes to show that boys and girls are complete opposites!!! I am so glad she got her baby Carol! ;)

Lucy Howard said...

Love it! So Sweet!