I feel that it's noteworthy to give a glimpse into the nightly roundup of the three boisterous boys that live under this roof. Most know that Cade and Grant decided to bunk up when Lanie joined our family, but Rhett was doing just great being stag in his rockin' pirate room. The times they have a changed:
Cade has slept in his upper bunk bed a number of times that I could easily count using my God-given appendages. He instead spoons Grant nearly every night, a habit that brings tears if I try to break it. Now, to add to the filling of the full sized bed, Rhett has decided that he wants to sleep with his brothers and they're happy to include him. A triple spoon.
After a couple days of this I noticed that the mornings were not filled with smiles but instead were saturated with yawns and rotten attitudes. I put the nix on the Triple Spoon and tried to banish all to their own bed spaces. What I ended up with was Cade and Grant still in the full bed and Rhett camped out in the floor on a sleeping bag. It's been this way for months now and I foresee no shake up anytime soon. I'll now be renting out Rhett's room and possibly Cade's top bunk. Pricing is negotiable but not free. A stay at home mom has to be resourceful if she's going to get any shoes this month. Thumbs up to brotherly love!
2 comments:
Wow! Can't ever imagine that happening at the Perko house. My boys have a come apart when they have to sleep together on vacation..lol! Too sweet! I say sell the 3 beds, buy a king size, and use the leftover to buy Mama new shoes :-).
I love it!!! You do a great job with just going with the flow. I would have probably gotten my panties in a wad convincing the #3 that under no circumstances was it okay to sleep in the floor night after night. This momma can learn some lessons from you!!! Time goes too fast!
Post a Comment