Monday, April 4, 2011

Mule Day

It's been a couple years since the Morgan Crew has been in attendance as a familiy at the Mule Day Festivities. Baseball hasn't cooperated in the past and we've been forced to forgo our yearly dose of redneck. This year, with the cancelation of the traditional opening ceremonies, we had our morning free so we headed to the parade. Bobby went early, EARLY with the boys and they ate pancakes and then helped work the official Mule Day t-shirt booth.

I'm not sure if having the boys there actually qualified as "help". Especially this one. I'm pretty convinced (after seeing some little Mule Day pins fall from under his cap) that someone may have been pilfering more than he was selling. We ended up with the hat that's in his hand and I'm quite certain that neither Bobby nor myself paid a red cent for it. He claims it was all a perk for working the table.....I think he may have just whoodooied his Papa.
Now this is a bona fide helper. Cade is task oriented, money oriented and likes to do math so this selling stuff at a table was right down his alley. He was in charge of mugs and caps.
And this is pretty much what Rhett did.....played Angry Birds on Bobby's phone.
Lanie and I came later at a more reasonable hour. I really see no need in getting up early, early on my Saturday to eat pancakes. I don't even eat pancakes late on Saturdays. I matched her up with everyone else and let her sport her Mule Day tee.
Even in her Mule Day garb she's the cutest thing I've ever seen :)
I brought out my collector's shirt. It's a vintage piece dating all the way back to 2008 and is one of only who-knows-how-many fitted women's tees. This is the second time I've worn it. The last time was Mule Day '08. I don't want to risk getting it stained or worse yet, stolen. Travesty.
Well, now we can say, once again, "Been there. Done that. And got the t-shirt" and really mean it! I'm glad to have been a part of C-town history. It's always full of great real-life teaching moments like, "Don't you ever kiss your girlfriend like that in public or private for that matter", and "If you date a girl that wears shorts like that.....wait, back up. You will NOT date a girl that wears shorts like that" or "Note to self: It's never a good idea to slash your tiny t-shirt and wear it.....although it does make all of your back tattoos more visible. Hmmm." And really, where else are your kids going to get the privilege of seeing a boat with antlers pulling an outhouse with a deer head?
No where, baby. No where. Yee Haw!

3 comments:

Pamela Johnson said...

I actually kind of like that t-shirt you are wearing. I may ask to borrow it soon...

Tonya Lee said...

We could hook you up with some spare antlers and deer heads if you want to REALLY join the festivities next year!

sylvia gobble said...

As Rachael would say "and this is when all the people with no teeth come out." Ha! Good to see the Morgan(Baker)clan at Mule Day 2011.