Tuesday, October 5, 2010

Talents

Little Buddy has shown talent in some new areas lately. He's been tearing up the soccer field and loving every minute of it.

My favorite part of his attitude about soccer this year is that he's all about his team. He gives an all out "YEAH!" with hands in the air if anyone on his team scores. He hasn't scored one himself yet but if I had a dollar for every near miss he's had I could walk into Dillards and buy myself those leather boots without a second thought.
I love that he says, "If I hadn't passed that ball she'd never have gotten that goal, ya know." He definitely doesn't take himself too seriously either, able to laugh at himself when he kicked over the top of the ball and ended up falling down.
That gave him a good laugh for quite a while. Not as long, though, as when he kicked the ball in practice and it hit the coach right in the tenders. Now THAT was a good laugh for him.
His other new talent is writing his name. And any other word that he might see somewhere. I think he's doing a great job and the major plus is that he's actually using paper and not my walls.
For all intents and purposes, talents are suppose to make a mother proud. I'm not sure if I can say that for his most prized talent....the one he's most known for in small circles: The tongue in the nostril talent.
You can see upon closer inspection that the tongue actually enters the nostril approximately 5cm. Really, how many people do you know that can pull that off?
It's shocking, I know. It's also entertaining.
I wish I could add that it's useful but it's really not unless you're a booger eater. Which, thank the good Lord in heaven, that's one thing Little Buddy is not. Talent: you take the good with the bad and roll with it!

3 comments:

Nicole @ Four Real said...

He also enjoys hitting his helpless childcare teacher in the head with a ball too! :) He cracks me up!

jam'n bell said...

i love that little guy!

Lucy said...

He should have entered his talent on "Regis and Kelly"! They had some very entertaining ones on there just like his! :)