Today I am officially the mother of an eight year old. It's really hard for me to believe. Especially since I'm only 23 years old. I slacked on the birthday crown. I don't think Cade has ever had the privilege of wearing the crown because we are usually on vacation on his bday and I never have the supplies. This year we were suppose to be in Florida soaking up the sunshine (and some oil) but Little Tee-Tiny joined our family instead. We'll take that.
I slaved over a hot oven and made the Birthday Boy's request for birthday breakfast: coffee cake. Here's a nice blurry picture of that. I have never claimed to be a decent photographer in the wee morning hours. What little skills I possess are not awake at that time.
Little Sister had to wait until later in the afternoon to get her picture made with the birthday boy. One day too soon she'll come running down those stairs to make sure she gets her share of the coffee cake!
I got him the deluxe version that makes sparks and has light up wheels. It's pretty cool if I do say so myself. I may or may not have taken it for a spin and ended up flat on my back in the neighbor's yard with grass clippings all over my face AND back. I guess that's what happens when you loose control and try to bail but end up cartwheeling through the air.
It's always good to give solid examples of why you push for safety rules. Such as the "always wear your helmet" rule. Just doing my job, folks. Just doin' my job. It would've been such a better example if I would've actually had on a helmet. Oh well. I never said I was a perfect parenting example. Just an example. Happy Birthday, Cade! I hope you fair better than your mother with your new scooter!
No comments:
Post a Comment