Saturday, May 15, 2010

Home, Sweet Home!!

I can't even express how happy I was to pull onto our street yesterday! I almost cried. I know I've almost cried a ton of times in the past 10 days but give me a break people! I've been under some serious stress! We had a little balloon welcome sign on the front porch. I have to give my bud some props for lugging that flower pot from my flower bed onto the porch. She didn't realize it was solid iron! I had another compadre lingering in the background of our homecoming, determined not to miss the day that she, too, has prayed for for three years!


I was mobbed getting out of the car. Well, I should clarify, the backdoor that would open to reveal the tiniest new Morgan was mobbed. I stood by the wayside saying, "What about me???? Didn't anyone miss ME???" With quick kisses and a few, "Well, yesssss's" I was once again pushed out of the way so that they could catch a glimpse. I weaved my way through them and pried Little Tee-Tiny from her carseat. The boys ran to the couch and somehow Grant ended up being the first holder.
This kid was grinning from ear to ear. He's the one that stood in her closet about a month ago and sighed, adding "We have waited for this for SO long......". Makes my heart melt!


Cade could hardly stand to put her down. He had to hold her before he went to bed. He sat in her little rocking chair in her room looking at her and said, "Man......I could do this ALL night." So sweet.....and if he were just a little older and slightly more responsible I would totally take him up on that!



Rhett started passing out kisses to her little head immediately.

This picture cracks me up. I can just hear him doing a nervous little laugh telling himself, "I cannot BELIEVE she's letting me hold this baby. She must have totally forgotten how dangerous I am!"
You notice his holding method: The securing-the-child-with-a-full-palm-over-the-forehead maneuver. We are still working on proper holding technique.
One thing he doesn't need lessons on is the kissing. This baby has definitely had NO shortage of love since we walked in the door.
Welcome home, Elaina! You can kiss the quiet time you had at the condo goodbye! Your real life starts today!

3 comments:

Beth said...

Fantastic pictures, Sonja! I am SO very happy for your family! I hope you keep on sharing because I love to read about it! You are truly blessed and I am so thankful I got to follow you along the way.

Beth Loveless Bogosian

Anne-Marie said...

I don't know you but follow your blog. I am beyond happy for you! I too have been touched by adoption (from Guatemala) and it is truly a blessing from God! I am teary with joy. God bless you all.

Aunt Lucy said...

Just love it!!! So glad we got to see all of you in person!