Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Honesty

Grant had the major task of reading a book on an insect and then give a book report in the form of recreating the book to share with the class. He chose ants. I'm sure it was so that he could gain some insight into their lifestyle and to find out if they enjoy it when he stabs at them with sticks in the backyard.

So, he read the book. All approximately 15 pages of it. He answered the questions on habitat, food, what they look like, etc. I noticed that he had not answered the last couple questions so on Saturday I made him sit down to finish it. He got in the chair, finished the report, and went on about his business. 


On Sunday night I thought I had better take a quick peek at it to make sure it was all complete being that Monday was the official turn in date. The last question was "Write about something interesting that you've learned about your insect".
His response:
Needless to say, I appreciated his honesty but at 7:30 on Sunday night we were coming up with interesting facts about ants. Lesson learned: never assume that "done" means "done correctly". 

5 comments:

Danielle said...

Hilarious...

Becky said...

oh that is so funny!

Unknown said...

Nitresting? Sounds explosive. I'm glad nuthing is.

:)

Nicole @ Four Real said...

SOunds like Selah when she answers her math word problems and it asks "why did you solve the problem that way?" and she writes "because that's how you do it." :)

Ashley said...

HA HA HA! You totally should have left it. Jess would love it!