Wednesday, December 2, 2009

It Could Have Been.

It's amazing to me how you can be going through your normal, daily activities without a thought of being scared when all of the sudden you're taken aback by something that, under normal circumstances, wouldn't spook you in the least. Take my day for instance. I'm doing my routine chores: picking up, wiping the counters, making sure we have enough hand sanitizer and liquid soap to keep viruses and germs at bay......you know, the usual, when I head into the laundry room to put clothes in the dryer. 

 I absentmindedly stick my hands in the washer and start pulling clothes out and tossing them into the dryer. I get down to the last few things, usually random socks that now have no mate or unmentionables, and I bend over to take a quick peek inside. I yelped and jumped because I saw a tarantula. Two of them.

I decided to give it another peek since, generally, tarantulas don't particularly thrive in this area. Do you know what it was? If you don't have boys you probably won't. Bakugan balls. Creepy, magnetized, little balls that pop into different creatures when placed on anything metal. Apparently someone had left a couple in their pants pocket and they took a swim in the wash water.  
Isn't it just like some weird toy to give you a good case of the willies? Don't you think at first peek, in low lighting, when unexpected, that this could pass for a tarantula?
Eeww. Yick. On a more serious note, I'm glad these little critters got a good washing. Even more creepy than a tarantula in my washer is knowing that my boys take these on the bus and trade them with other kids that, in most cases, are not properly cleansing their hands. This would be a good time to introduce the "sanitize after each trade" rule. That is a rule isn't it?

2 comments:

Ashley said...

For the millionth time, my boys DO use hand sanitizer, give them some slack =)

Ummm, seriously though it is in their backpack and you can tell your boys to use it any time during the trading process.

Also, just so you know Cade gives away his "doubles".

Danielle said...

I think you are the reason I am now addicted to Snickers. I am just now putting this together!!!

This has nothing to do with this post. I am sure I will be finding all types of lovely gifts in my dryer soon! Well, actually, Blake leaves chapstick in his pockets all the time. That counts for something!

Sure could use one of those Snickers...