Wednesday, October 21, 2009

The Wilderness

We spent our two days of fall break taking a quick Morgan fam vacation to the Wilderness hotel and indoor water park in the Smokies.




We spent most of our time playing in the highly anticipated indoor waterpark. Rhett had been talking about it non-stop since we decided to go. He had a big time splashing in the wave pool.
The place wasn't huge or anything so it was easy just to let Cade run with his cousins and do the slides. I didn't feel like he needed to stayed pasted to me. I was a little nervous for him to be in the wavepool alone because it was crowded and well....wavy. I made Bobby do wavepool duty. I'm not fond of being in cool water when it feels like winter outside.
Rhett ran with Amelia alot. She loves to give him hugs......and kisses. 
Isaac tried his hand at the surfing and he did a great job!!
There was a huge bucket that dumped water every few minutes.  After several attempts I finally caught a picture of Cade in the waterfall.
He and Cooper had been waiting patiently for the big dump earlier and I was standing by hoping to get a good shot of them getting doused. Unfortunately, when the water came falling down it was like every kid in the place dove right in the way and I ended up getting shots of the rear ends of a bunch of strangers.
I did get this one of some overgrown kiddos trying to play in the spray......
Grant and Rhett enjoyed playing in the little spouts of water.
Talk about wearing a kid out..... Rhett got his fair share of playtime and then was ready to tucker out.
Luckily he was just tall enough to be able to do two of the three slides. He.wore.them.out. I started counting the number of stairs that we had to climb to get to the top and I finally lost count at 90.....and I guarantee that we climbed those stairs at least that many times (well, it felt like it anyway). Everyone had their turn at the purple and yellow tunnels.



Wendy and I spent most of the time walking around with our cameras. Between the two of us I think we compiled some pretty good photos. 
We attempted to go to Cade's Cove but made a wrong turn and ended up stopping at a gas station in the middle of nowhere to use the facilities and get junk food to sustain us. After that fiasco it was determined that putt putt down the street from the hotel would be a safe and easy to find alternative. And what's putt putt without vampire teeth?
One of us, whom shall remain nameless, took this friendly game a bit too seriously. No names.
We broke into two groups so I didn't get to see these silly boys putt any. Rumor has it that Cade got a hole in one.
Oh, and so did I. I am a quality putt putter. It takes a lot of skill to putt well while you have your camera backpack on your back and the camera slung over your arm. 
This was the crew hanging with Bobby and me. There were several off the course shots and more than one momentarily lost golf balls but we had fun nonetheless.
Grant somehow managed to score a hole in one even in the midst of all of these creepy gophers!


We had lots of fun playing with cousins and swimming in non-swimming weather. Kudos to the water park and all of it's fun! We'd love to visit again!

1 comment:

Nicole @ Four Real said...

I am glad you guys had a great time but I just saw for the first time your little "time" banner at the bottom of your page. It literally has just made my heart drop and brought tears to my eyes realizing how long you have been patiently waiting. I also did not know that she has a name already. I will now specifically pray for her by name. Your perserverence is so inspiring. I pray you will be holding Elana soon! :)