Tuesday, September 8, 2009

And Today Makes All Three!

Rhett was so pumped that he got to return to school today. It made him feel so big that I had to get HIS backpack ready on Monday night just like I do for his brothers. He got a "new" backpack and "new" napmat this year. Both are actually hand-me-downs from Grant but he didn't seem to mind.
I had Grant's initials removed and had Little Buddy's put on the pack. It turned out nicely thanks to my handy friend, Leigh and her nifty machine!


The only thing that would've made this day better for him would have been for a big yellow bus to pull up in front of the house to pick him up and deliver him to school. Let's not push it......just a couple more years to go!!


When I dropped him off he used my line, "Well, looks like it's just you mommy!" and I said, "looks like it! What in the world am I going to do all day??" He replied, "I guess what ever in the world you want to do! Just don't be playing with my uno cards while I'm gone.......or any of my toys. " I don't think he has anything to worry about. BUT, if anyone should ever call me on the days all my kids are in school and finds that I'm playing a one sided game of UNO, fighting an imaginary opponent with a lightsaber, or making "vroom, vroommm" noises while pushing matchbox cars across the playroom floor, please call the authorities. I may have officially lost my marbles........

1 comment:

Ashley said...

Years ago... a college professor of mine gave me a glass marble to keep somewhere handy and told me when someone thinks/suspects/ tells me I have lost all my marbles... to go get it and proudly pronounce that I still had one. Sadly, I felt the need to really keep it... just in case! It is in my jewlry box.

And Little Buddy... you are too too cute as always! Keep Silas straight when you see him!