I took the boys to the book fair at Cade's school and got caught in torrential rain on my way into the school. I had gone straight from the gym so I was already looking rough to start with. However, mix that with the wind and rain and the finished product was not good. In fact, (this is no lie), a special needs girl walked straight up to me in the library and said, "Why in the world does your hair look like that?" and she proceeded to use her hands to push my hair around on my head. Anyway, that's neither here nor there. Just a side note. So, I come home and see our little creek busting at the seams. Little bridge underwater.
I sat down inside and was reading to the boys. Seriously maybe 20 minutes had gone by, if that. This was the view out my back window.
Then just a couple minutes later, it looked like this. CRAZY. I got the boys suited up because we were going to kayak through the back yard but when I got to the garage I realized we didn't own a kayak. Next time I'm at Academy I may price them.
I also now have a nice collection of balls: footballs, soccer balls, bouncy balls, over sized plastic balls, and a sword, and probably some shoes. And plenty of miscellaneous garbage. And a strange pile of weedy things on my little bridge now that the water has receded. Let me know if you ever want to come over and pretend we're at Dale Hollow. As always it's BYOB (bring your own boat).
7 comments:
WOW! That is crazy!!!!!! Your dad is some carpenter/engineer to make a bridge that withstood that! Good think you have a three story home! WHEW!
That is crazy!
~H
Oh my goodness! We are laughing our heads off right now. That is soooo funny! I hope the rain stop or your house is going to need to jump in that new kayak. Call us if you need a water rescue.
M
Oh my word it's like the Tennessee River behind your house. I'm really tired of all this rain and ready for some sun!
Ok, I will stop complaining about the lake in my back yard because as I can see, you DO HAVE A LAKE IN YOURS!!! That is insane! Thank goodness the boys are still young enough that you can strap them down and not let them try to be cool playing in it! :)
You do have flood insurance, right? That is a good chunk of water there.
whoa my friend- i am impressed! getting a bit too close for comfort:)
Post a Comment