I LOVE when spring comes. The weather starts warming up a bit, trees start blooming, the grass starts greening up. What I don't love is that in recent years I've developed some pretty aggravating allergies. This time last year I took some Zyrtec after sneezing at least 180 times on a school field trip and then I proceeded to fall dead asleep in the car while waiting in the car rider line. It was really embarrassing when the teacher physically opened my car door and nudged me awake. Anyway, last year we had a mommy robin take up residence in one of our bushes. She laid 3 little blue eggs and we got to watch them hatch and grow. Here's a pic of one of the babies.

We're hoping she comes back this year to do the same. She may choose otherwise since I kept shoving my camera into the bush to snap photos of her little ones. She probably felt like Angelina and her brood. I'll try to tone it down this year if she decides to come back. The boys loved running out there each day to see how much the babies had grown. I did find myself worried about her and the babies when it rained and stormed, though. Bobby had to gently remind me that she was a BIRD and that she could take care of herself.
Happy Spring! Hope you get little birdies to peek in on too!
1 comment:
We too have a nest in our bushes. I just looked out and saw mommy bird sitting in it so I'll get to check on baby birds as well! Sorry you have spring time allergies...no fun! I've tried every allergy medicine out there with no luck.
Post a Comment