I had some fun on Sunday taking pictures of the boys in the unusually warm weather. Grant was less than cooperative but I did snag a couple good shots of him before he turned up in his Clone Trooper costume. It was like Clark Kent or something.......one minute he's all cute in his polo and in a matter of seconds he's fit to fight the dark forces that lurk in our backyard. Anyway, that's neither here nor there. This post is about our conversation after school last week.

Grant: "I don't even know why we have to study letters that aren't even in the alphabet."
Me: "What do you mean? Like what letters?"
Grant: "You know, like N and O and L."
Me: " Those ARE part of the alphabet. Sing the song."
Grant: " A, B, C, D, E, F, G, H, I, J , K, alimino, P, Q, R, S........." See?? Not in there."
He totally thought that "alimino" was a word in the middle of the song. All these years I thought he had it down. I'm just thankful that the epiphany moment I provided him with was now and not when they started doing kindergarten testing in a few months.

I'll admit that "alimino" sounds good in the song. But one day he'll be thankful for the extra letters.

2 comments:
Ha ha! That too cute. Little Tol says H,I,J,K...elmo..P! I love the perspective of kids.
At my house, back in the J day, it was "Elmo-eeno" P...
Post a Comment