
I thought I'd give a little update on what is going on in the Morgan Adoption World. The short version would be
NOTHING.
However, I'll expound. Currently we are waiting on approval from ES government to be able to persue a referral (a child chosen for us). This part of the process was suppose to take 5-7 months. We are at 11 months, 2 weeks, and 5 days........ but who's counting?
There is a committee in El Salv*ador that is suppose to meet monthly to do these approvals but, unfortunately, they have only met three times this year and have given out NO approvals at any meeting. Bummer. We have 2 people ahead of us that are actually AT the committee and most likely our file will not be seen by them until those other families have moved on.
I call our adoption coordinator monthly to find out if any progress is made and so far she's had nothing for me. Very depressing. Very frustrating. Very disappointing. I really try not to dwell on it though because there is not one single, solitary thing that I can do to make it move more quickly. I assure you, however, that if I were in charge of things they would be moving much quicker than this snails pace they are currently on. On second thought, it may be a slight hinderance to the process that I'm not fluent in Spanish, nor do I live in ES or know anything about completing adoptions there. Whatever. I did spend the night at a Holiday Inn Express last night.............
So, there you have it. The official No Update Update. We're praying for approval, hoping for a quick referral, and then seeking training so we can become members of the Hairbow Mafia. Can you wear bows while playing sports?? If not, I'll have to back out on my membership in which case I'll probably be killed since that's how Mafia's work.
Stay tuned. Hopefully '09 will be full of adoption surprises! And, in case you were wondering, that flower actually grew in MY flowerbed. It's amazing the power that water has!
4 comments:
Yes, even the best soccer girls wear hairbows the size of Texas on their heads. Let me know when you would like me to do a little squeaking for you. What's her name again? B? No folks--not THAT B? Her NAME is B? I'll call her on Monday. :-) Better yet, I'll just call our ES friend M. You think he'll take my call?
I wish I had some amazing words of encouragemt. All I can say is I am so sorry that you have to go through this part, but just think the end result is so worth it! Love you.
We'll just use the extra time productively. AJ and I can give you a rockin' turorial on how to make a hairbow. Then when you get really angry at that silly committee you can take it out on a little florist wire and ribbon!
I can promise you anna claire will have the biggest bow out there when she's doing her sports, which right now consist of ballet, ballet and more ballet....works for me!
Seriously though, I'll be praying that you'll be putting hair bows in soon!!!
Post a Comment