Sunday, August 10, 2008

One Last Hoo-Rah

We spent a little time at the pool today. It will probably be the last hoorah of the summer having Bobby at the pool given summer coming to a close and our busy August schedule. Pool time is always more fun with the daddy because of dangerous things like this. I just don't perform as well as he does. Here are all of my boys. Deep down inside their gizzards are shivering because, unfortunately, the water has returned to sub-optimal temperatures which means they can count on me not getting in unless someone is drowning. Even then, I'll stand poolside and strongly encourage them NOT to be drowning before actually entering the arctic waters. please note exaggeration.
This is the wonderful little invention that changed Rhett's daily life. It allowed him to play like the big boy he THINKS he is. And it made his "canonball" yell really mean canonball. It will sit idly in the garage soon and hopefully will only be needed for the first part of next summer. I'm counting on Mr. Burts Swim Nazi School to kick this one in gear. What I'm really waiting for is when I can take them all to the pool and have little to no responsibility. Like, I can just sit and suntan and not worry about someone dying constantly. By the way, my suntanning days are over, really. I do wear an SPF 30. That is a big change from the highschool days where I purposefully would lie in the sun slathered in oils just hoping for a good burn. Motherhood has made me so much wiser :)
Stay tuned to see this guy become a real, live first grader tomorrow. After open house the other day he said, "My self thinks it's ready to go back to school now." I'm just glad his "self" told him something good. Usually "self" is saying things like "pinch your brother" or "eat the last piece of Grant's donut". Thanks Self for being encouraging for once!!

2 comments:

Kelly Swindell and Tol Swindell said...

Okay, so the picture of Rhett from behind has instantly become a classic in my book! Love it!

Parkerson Family said...

I love reading your blog. I crack up everytime. Those boys sure keep you on your toes!!!!