Tuesday, August 19, 2008

It's Big and It's Yellow

And my kid is on it. I finally let Cade talk me into letting him ride the school bus. We all went out to wait for it at the designated stopping point near our house. Everyone was clad in the t-shirts that Bobby brought back from his weekend of baseball. When we got to the stop sign Cade said, "My self feels like it's on daycation or something!" I said, "What do you mean??" His reply,"I don't know. I'm just so excited!!" Funny, but I don't rememeber EVER feeling that way waiting on the bus. My experience could be best described by the word "dread". Ahh. Five minutes of waiting and here she rolls.
Yup. Right bus. Here is the familiar face I was told to look for. Thanks for the frantic waves, friend. That made me know without a shadow of a doubt that I wasn't putting him on the bus to the high school.

I snapped a pic just before they rolled away but didn't quite get a good one. I was glad to see they had chosen the Emergency Exit seat. You know, in case there was an emergency or something. You would've thought that today was the first day of school ever all over again. I think just putting Cade on the bus brought a whole new sadness to the day. G walked back to the house completely desolate and I thought he was going to cry.
No sooner than the bus was out of sight, Little Buddy said, " I already miss him" and picked up his boppy and Chicky Bear to do the slow walk home.

Rest assured, not five minutes after all the moaping and groaning they were just fine. It was then they remembered that Cade being at school equaled a free for all with the Legos. It doesn't take much to soothe a little sadness sometimes!

6 comments:

Our Family said...

So glad that Chicky Bear was there to comfort sweet little Rhett!

Ashley said...

Too funny... I laughed out loud. Glad he did his job... he has been prepared for a few days now =)

Tonya Lee said...

I'm speechless here: a Jones and a Morgan on the bus! Wow, the price of gas must really be effecting your judgement! Just kidding, my previously over-protected son has been on the bus since the stick had 2 lines instead of one and my belly had two babies instead of one! Two years later I'm in pj's all day and he's alive! Congrats!

Shawn said...

How sweet is that picture of Baylor waving out the window?

Four Better or Worse!?!?! said...

Just wanted you to know that I saw those 2 sweet boys on the bus this morning. They ride the same bus as Dawson. They were chatting away when they got to our stop. Such grown up little boys!

Courtney said...

oh, the bus...you got to love it and hate it at the same time! Briley says it is one of the best parts of her day. I, like you, don't have many fond memories of big yellow. Thank goodness for bus buddies!!!Sweet Braxton is still having a tough time when the bus pulls away heading for fun times at school with his sissy.

love the pics!