Thursday, May 8, 2008

Pimp My Ride

Are you allowed to use the word "pimp" on a family blog??? Not sure. But anyway, Grant had to make a car to WEAR to school. That translates as "Sonja had a project to complete while Grant played downstairs with his daddy". I spent the better half of a couple hours scouring my pantry and craft box and eventually came up with this. A little duct tape and aluminum foil can be your best friend when you have procrastinated and are in a pinch. And, please. Take note of the rims. If only I could have figured out a way to make them spin. That would have been the greatest.
Decked out with a license plate and everything! Grant thought it was the coolest thing ever. I guess that's all that matters. I must say that I was feeling pretty good about myself and my project until I walked into school with that kid who's parent apparently spent the last 3 weeks constructing their child's car and if I hadn't looked closely enough it could have been beside me on the interstate and I wouldn't have had a clue it was cardboard.
Let's just say my pride was quickly deflated............ but then, as I was leaving, I spotted a car way worse than mine. So, I didn't leave as humbled as I could've been. Nothing like having a preschool project try to teach you life lessons.

No comments: