Cade's present from us for his birthday was to be able to go and pick out his own bike. Yesterday, I made the trip to Wal-Mart (which I have not been to in a couple years probably) and first of all I was a little caught off guard at how sketchy it has become. I walked tall and confident with child in tow but deep inside I was hoping no one tried to snatch me or my purse. Anyway, probably just a bad crowd on the outer parts because once I was inside I saw some pretty normal, not scary people......for the most part.

We got back to the bikes and we tried out several on one side. Then Cade made his way to the other side and was immediately taken by the Mongoose Racer X. It is green. It is ugly. It has silver foot stands on the front wheel to aid in tricking........like, bike tricking. I think I've seen it on MTV once or something. I'm not so sure how cool it is to "trick" when you have training wheels on the back but who am I to say??? It also happened to be his favorite bike in the whole store. I kid you not, this was the selling point.............the little padded doflahtchy on the front of the bike that proudly displays the "Racer X".

He commented to Grant at least 25 times that it was not only a bike, but a "Racer X". I'm sure Grant was very impressed. Grant was very happy to be given the hand-me-down Tonka bike. I'm sure, however, that by Friday he'll have a complex that his bike is just not as cool as the Green Mongoose Racer X that is tearing up and down our driveway.
3 comments:
Hey Cade,
Just call them "stabilizers." That's what Charlie and Lola call training wheels according to Mia. It does sound so much more grown-up and sophisticated...if the Green Mongoose Racer X needs any sophistication.
I still need therapy for my Wal-Mart experience!
Cool bike DUDE! Can't wait to see you trickin'
Sonja, I love reading your blog. It cracks me up. The boys seem to keep you on your toes. It is funny now, but when my girls are doing the same thing I might not find the humor so easily. Hope you all are doing great and hope to see you soon.
Mandy
Post a Comment